Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Bridge of Love - In Memory of Kathy

Previously in my blog you have read about Kathy, a coworker, who suffered a major stroke and has been trying to recover.  I have just recieved word that she had another stroke and passed away last night.  Please keep her family and friends in your prayers.

Kathy's family has asked that donations in her memory be made to The American Stroke Association

How could it happen,
When I am young?
How could it happen,
What have I done?
I was at home,
Doing what I do,
Then I was out,
Nothing more I knew,
Then as if dreaming,
I heard voices,
Some were toward me,
Others making choices,
I could hear my family,
I knew they were there,
They were reaching to me,
I could feel the care,
And friends beyond the circle,
With voices still unheard,
Raising hope in prayers,
God hearing every word,
My eyes began to open,
And through a blur to me,
Some familiar faces,
I began to see,
I could not lift a finger,
I could not say a word,
Yet what I wanted most,
Was them to know I heard,
As they were reaching in,
I was reaching out,
Their strength from the heart,
Became my proof and clout,
Knowing I would make it,
Moving more each day,
Smiling to my husband,
To hear what he would say,
Forcing every movement,
Taking every step,
Fighting back to freedom,
Back to the life I left,
Unto the day I can speak,
And I can walk again,
Sharing my new joy,
Of life and love again,
For all the friends and family,
And our God above,
Whom rescued me from darkness,
Across the bridge of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment