Friday, September 6, 2013

The Shepherd and The Lamb - For Matt and Meagan


I dedicated this to and wrote this for our friends Matt and Meagan.  This is for anyone who has ever lost a child.  My prayer is, and I know Matt would pray the same, that anyone reading this would be comforted by the truth.  Though that child can not be held here on Earth, the child is always felt in our hearts because he or she lives on in Heaven.  If we are all in God's heart and bound by His love, then we can never truly be separated.   Not even death can overcome the power of love.

A wandering son,
Of a traveling man,
Who learned how to love,
In the warmth of God’s hand,
Who would show,
The strength he would know.

He met his true love,
And the light of his life,
She’s the fire in his soul,
Who would be his wife,
Never to part,
Seeing true from the heart.

Wandering the hills,
Over the Earth,
Finding our way,
From the moment of birth,
Never far from His hand,
Like the Shepherd and the Lamb.

The force of their love,
Strong from the start,
Filled up their home,
Bringing new hearts,
With sparkle in her eyes,
She carried Malachi.

One boy in his arms,
His wife by his side,
Blessed by the Lord,
Heart filled with pride,
A light to us all,
What could make him fall?

Wandering the hills,
Over the Earth,
Finding our way,
From the moment of birth,
Never far from His hand,
Like the Shepherd and the Lamb.

A sad day did come,
One heart went away,
In silence and pain,
No words he could say,
He kept his stand,
In faith he held their hands.

Yet God gave his word,
No lamb would be lost,
In love for his flock,
He paid the great cost,
He said, “Don’t fear.”
“Your little one is here.”

“His soul wandered here,
I reached out my hand,
Don’t grieve or fear,
You’re safe in my plan,
Never to roam,
My heart is your home.”

“With love as our bond,
There is no goodbye,
Together forever,
Is the reason why,
I am,
I am your Shepherd,
You’re my lamb.”

No comments:

Post a Comment