Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Why I Write

 
We were just following an ad, after making a phone call.  My wife wanted roses, and this lady was giving them away for free.  And it happened again...


It has happened before,
It has happened again,
As we traveled into the night,
With my wife by my side,
My inspiration and pride,
To the reason why I write.

We met them at night,
For roses to gather,
To bloom again on our land,
A daughter and mother,
Both strong together,
In love together they stand.

Illness had come,
Like a thief in the night,
Without a face to see,
Yet in smile and in truth,
From her heart and soul,
She shared words of beauty.

Her daughter delighted,
As dinner she made,
To greet us as we came,
Souls come together,
Background shared,
All of us never the same.

Pain is to be shunned,
Sayeth the world,
Yet it bridges hurt to heal,
Inspiration to share,
Heart’s magic in the air,
I write to share what is real!

No comments:

Post a Comment