Tuesday, February 8, 2022

A Boy and His Dog


Reality can be found,

Between asleep and awake,

Where a sunrise joins the stars,

Where imagination takes place,

When the fading out of dreams,

Gives rise to daily passion,

Where no boundaries may lie,

There is hope to fashion.


I remember as a boy,

Ruling as king over play,

Games were my playthings,

And all rules would obey,

For joy was the reason,

Through the eye of the heart,

And when years provided scope,

True wisdom did impart.


I would see time to time,

Through the eyes of my friend,

Fur covered and faithful,

By my side till the end,

Undistracted by words,

Sensing pure emotion,

Not blinded by illusions,

With life in commotion.


The years would bring pain,

With the healing winds of love,

The physical mirrors the spirit,

Touching the heavens above,

Walking with my soulmate,

Sharing the path of life,

Souls growing in experience,

Through love, joy, or strife,


My hands grew old and wrinkled,

Though I know not how,

Yet love’s fire burns within me,

And I can see all of them now,

For the tether never breaks,

So love never dies,

As my eyes close to sleep,

I can hear their song rise.


What did it all mean,

All of those pains and joys?

As I embrace my young pup,

With the hands of a boy?

Within a beautiful forest,

Beside a peaceful stream,

Wondering which world was real,

And which was the dream.


- 2/4/2022



Eric Visconti - Poet

Exploring Life

“Words are the beginning of every journey.”

To find the words for you, visit my link tree to find my ebooks and blogs.  


Here comes the gift of a new day.  What will you do with it?



From Instagram: (link in bio)

From Facebook & Twitter:  https://linktr.ee/Ericthepoet


#love #life  #reflection #truth #hope @thewriterswarmth  @frozzenwhispers #amwriting  #writerscommunity  #writers  #creativewriting  #writersofinstagram  #artistsofinstagram @penman_ig


No comments:

Post a Comment