Sunday, August 15, 2021

The Eternal Touch

For Monica

“Though not here today we will feel her always.”

 

Time is an illusion,

For the heart never stops beating.

The day seems to begin and end,

Yet the sun is always shining.

A song has a first note and a last,

Yet songs keep playing in our minds.

And one who has touched with the heart,

Touches our souls forever.

 

She was a child full of joy,

Who grew into a woman of love.

She was a learner of knowledge and wisdom,

Who became teacher in things she would say.

Yet these so called memories of circumstance,

In reality have no beginning or end.

For anything wrought with love,

Touches our souls forever.

 

I knew her in her elder years,

Yet my heart knows her smile of youth.

Words spoken have the substance of breezes,

Yet I can still hear the sound of her voice.

In love there is no goodbye,

So my heart says hello with each sunrise.

Because one who reaches to others,

Touches our souls forever.

 

I am thankful for the present of days,

For I could share this gift with her.

I am thankful for opportunities of life,

For she is now part of who I am,

I am thankful for the power of words,

For they became her palette of colors.

The times that we shared on Earth,

Touched my soul forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment