Friday, May 7, 2021

A Woman’s Heart


 I see the power of the waves,

Rearranging the shore,

Ocean tides on the rise,

By the power of the moon,

I have seen the storm surge,

Split the Banks in two,

But that does not compare,

To the power of a woman’s heart.


I have heard the storm winds,

Rumbling the walls,

Trees falling over,

At the hands of the wind,

I have seen the lightening,

Scorching silent behind the clouds,

Yet nothing can compare,

To the power of a woman’s heart.


The winds and the rains,

Wear away at the mountains,

Gently changing the ground,

From rocks into soil,

So the patient plant seeds,

Can slowly rise under the sun,

Yet nothing can compare,

To the patience of a woman’s heart.


Strength and patience,

Are manifestations of love,

Yet for her heart to feel love,

Exposes it to pain,

Yet if any man knows,

The love I have come to know,

To know the heart of a woman,

Is nothing but gain.


No comments:

Post a Comment