Thursday, March 7, 2019

Forever is Not Enough

For my precious wife and daughter on International Women’s Day

The path from who you are,

To all of what you can be,

Starts with finding yourself.
The perfect reflection of you,
Is found in the heart of love.
Love happens without decision,
Yet the decision to love builds life.
The work of every day,
Lifts up the wings of love,
Energy transcending time,
Completing each other with joy.

The path of who I can be, 
Led me straight to your heart. 
Life is nothing without love, 
And with love you painted life. 
 My canvas is full of color, 
 With the brush strokes of your hand. 
 Sounds which can be seen, 
 Colors which can be tasted, 
 And visions of feeling fill my life. 
 True magic requires a magician, 
 Requiring another open heart. 

Why would God create a man, 
To marvel at creation all alone? 
Why would God create a woman, 
With  no one to paint her love upon? 
The colors of love show upon her skin, 
The truth of her beauty flowing from within.
 Causing a man to imagine, 
 The things which have never been. 
 For this is the magic of creation, 
 This is the source of passion, 
 And the meaning of life. 

 So here I am, 
 In appreciation.
 And here we are, 
 In silent reflection. 
 Perfected in our imperfections, 
 Building joyful recollections. 
 Forever is not long enough, 
 To say all that you mean to me. 
 Love has not the scope to contain, 
 All which we have become,
 For I am alive in you. 






No comments:

Post a Comment