Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Illusion of Endings


We are the sum of our experiences, 
 You are all of mine. 
 I awoke within your eyes, 
 To fall asleep within your arms. 
 Your smile is within my heart, 
 And my heart beats within you. 

 I swore to be with you always, 
 Where was I at that moment? 
 You swore to share with me of things, 
 How is it I did not know this? 
 Somethings are more powerful than us, 
 But nothing is more powerful than love. 

 I cannot hope to blame you, 
 For what I do not understand. 
 I can only say I miss you, 
 As I miss the warmth of your hand. 
 Yet when the day is done, 
 I pray in my dreams you will come. 

 I will never be who I was, 
 Because I am part of you. 
 And yet I will go on in love, 
 Because I hold on to what is true. 
 You will always live within my heart, 
 Within the power of love we will not part.

No comments:

Post a Comment