Friday, March 25, 2022

Shades of Gray

 

(This was written on a day without sunshine.)



This can bring out the color,

Of a woman’s eyes.

Resonate the depth,

Of her sighs.

Emphasize the light,

Within her tears.

And roll back the age,

Of her years.


When the sun rolls behind the clouds of the day,

I am thankful to see beauty through shades of gray.


It’s for awakening the birds,

That wish to sing.

It will stir up echoes,

Of the Spring.

It is bringing out the colors,

Of the trees.

It gives a peaceful cooling touch,

To the breeze.


When the sun rolls behind the clouds of the day,

I am thankful to see life through shades of gray.


Sometimes I feel tired,

From the traveled miles.

The years have brought wisdom,

In facing many trials.

Yet I am young and strong,

By the light of your heart.

True strength comes from love,

Where faith has its start.


When the sun rolls behind the clouds of the day,

I thank God that the flame of life,

Shines through shades of gray.




Eric Visconti - Poet

Exploring Life

“Words are the beginning of every journey.”

Visit my link tree to find my ebooks and blogs. 


From Instagram: (link in bio)

From Facebook & Twitter:  https://linktr.ee/Ericthepoet


   #life #hope #beauty #peace  #poetry #writing

    #writerscommunity  #writers  #creativewriting  #writersofinstagram  #artistsofinstagram


No comments:

Post a Comment