Saturday, November 13, 2021

Love



A teacher is a student,

A lover is a listener,

A prophet watches the direction of the day,

And a singer repeats words from the heart.


How can I teach without learning?

How can I love without listening?

How can I hear wisdom if my voice is not silent?

Will I learn to sing without listening to my heart?


Those by my side depend on me,

While I chase leaves in the wind,

Fixing things around me,

While I break hearts instead.


I look at the stars above me,

While they chase further into the past,

As light becomes a dream,

Within the darkness of my heart.


The only hope is love,

Holding fast to this brilliant truth,

Yet as the organ beats in darkness,

My true heart fades from view.


I will chase the hope of love,

Until my heart ignites those close,

Until my life becomes a blessing,

And brings joy to the heart of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment