Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Sharing the Sunset



You stand now so far away,
With perception of a different day,
Across the waters beneath the same sky.
I imagine where you are going,
The experiences you are knowing,
And what new things you may try.

The sunset lights my eyes,
While it is rising in your skies,
For each place has its own light.
These are notes to carry the song,
As all notes do belong,
Like the stars to the sky at night.

 That same sun warms your heart, 
 Which has this day warmed mine, 
Now shining light and color on your face.
A different painting each night,
As it lowers from the sky,
And I send it to you from this place.

May your mountains be colored,
With this message from my heart,
Though I am far from you here.
Beyond the oceans and mountains,
And through the stars in the sky,
My heart will always be near.

No comments:

Post a Comment